Wednesday 15 October 2014

Waiting and Practicing

The Hopeful Match Fisher

It's been a frustrating month.  Work, hospitals, and other unpredictable matters have kept my weekends well clear of any possible matches.  However, I have been able to get a few useful practice sessions done.  

As the weather has become colder and water the cooling off I've thinned everything down a bit and also drawn the feed area of my swims into a more confined space.  Sessions at Gold Valley and Willow Park on long and short pole were very encouraging.  As ever, my aim is to get some level of control where I've got fish feeding consistently in front of me so that I can get a good weight in a short time.

On another note I've also picked up a new Trolley (excellent Preston product), and a mega rod holdall with a facility for made-up rods (Matrix - my favourite brand).  Every session is intended to try something new and deepen my experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment