Monday 22 September 2014

Questions I Have - Experts Welcome

The Hopeful Match Fisher

I recently sent in a question to the Angling Times about festivals, which I was grateful that they printed, but I can't do that too often.

So any helpful souls out there?

1. Do I need a margin pole?  My current pole can handle up to grade 20 elastic and is made as a carp pole (Preston 460).

2. Is there an advantage in buying worms bulk?  Will they keep ok for weeks?  I don't have a spare fridge.

3. I'm using traditional shot for pole rigs.  Why would I move to Olivettes other types such as stots?

4. What size and pattern of hook is best for pellet waggler?  I've been using 8mm pellets with a PR27 size 14/16.  I seem to have issues connecting up with the fish.

5. Is premixed paste (in those little pots you get from Dynamite, etc) better or self-mixed?

Any help gratefully received!

Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment