Saturday 20 September 2014

The Media Circus

The Hopeful Match Fisherman

Match fishing is no different to any other sport in that it has its own media merry-go-round and established companies and characters.  But what I have found so useful is the huge range of instructional videos on YouTube that they produce.  Recently I had a 10-day holiday in Gozo (just off Malta), to which I took several match fishing magazines, books and download videos onto my laptop.  It kept me going for ages on the long boring days by the pool or on the beach. 

There is much to be learnt, and certainly when coming back to match fishing after 20 years. I get the mags - Pole Fishing, Match Fishing and the good old Angling Times which is a must-read each week.  I also watch, ask and drag around on the net looking for tips, ideas and generally absorbing as much info as I can. 


So just a few words about guys I've found full of wisdom and well worth watching or reading:

Andy Findley - Has an angling brain the size of a planet.  He seems cool as a cucumber and always has options.  The Steve Davis of match fishing I recon.

Darren Cox - Another bloke who just always seems on his game, a fount of knowledge on everything.

Mark Pollard - I've got a great book he wrote (the Fox Book of Commercial Fishing) which is distilled wisdom. 

It's always good to have some guides to follow, so thanks to these few.

Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment