Friday 19 September 2014

Ok I'm a Tackle Tart

The Hopeful Match Fisherman

I am a tackle tart and not ashamed of it.  Having decided to replace all my crabby old gear I am now offended by the thought of having anything other than nice sexy looking cool gear.  Decent bring confidence and that is no bad thing when competing.

Having made the decision to replace it all I dragged together £1,200 - just the start of it.  After a lot of reading, Internet research and talking to local tackle shops I took a trip to Crowthorne Angling (Berkshire) and came away with a Matrix Superbox, Preston Pole, a Maver Powerline rod for pellet waggler, some luggage and a whole load of bits and bobs.  

Since then I've added rollers, a Maver method feed rod, more luggage, a lovely Preston PXR reel, three keepnets and all I need to setup a good collection of hooklength and winders.  I now have the necessary kit to fish a range of methods for matches on commercial fisheries!  I suppose it's been about £2,500 so far - not even enough to by the most expensive pole!  I've still got a long way to go.

Don't get me wrong, I well know that it's not all about the tackle, that won't be enough to do well.  But I'm more confident with reliable and quality gear.  Also, as a scuba diver I'm used to taking my kit very seriously because in that game your life depends on it when you are down on a shipwreck at 40m.  Thankfully match fishing is not a dangerous....

Thanks also to my very tolerant wife......

Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment